Effective Date: May 25, 2018
Commitment to Privacy
Welcome to Rouvy.com and related applications Rouvy Desktop, Mobile and Tablet application, PowerTap Mobile, Magura Mobile, O-Synce Mobile, Bulls Mobile – (collectively “Rouvy,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”).
Before you get to the details, here are a few of our fundamental privacy principles:* Information you upload or post to Rouvy may be seen by others depending on your privacy settings.
- We aggregate and de-identify certain information about our members to use for business purposes.
- We give you several ways to control the privacy of your personal information and are continuously working to enhance privacy options available to you.
Namesti Svobody 13
385 01 Vimperk
What Information does Rouvy Collect?
The type of information that we collect and retain depends upon your interaction with Rouvy. Here is a short overview of the two main types of interactions.
Information You Give Us. We collect the personally identifiable information you provide to us:
Create a user account, place an order, register a product (information we collect is necessary to complete the account registration and transaction and so that we can ensure you Rouvy products and services):* Username (unique identification)
- Password (security purpose)
- E-Mail address (basic communication)
- User Weight (to be able to control the indoor trainer)
- User Height (to be able to control the indoor trainer)
- Date Of Birth (to be able to calculate a default power / heart rate zones, FTP)
- Country (Tax calculation, Limitation for payment gateways based on the country)
- Requesting product support or other services (information we collect is necessary to, provide support and to respond to queries such as your name and address and information about your computer hardware, software (including your License Number), and the nature of the problem you are experiencing).
- Participate in surveys (information we collect may include demographic information such as age, gender and number of household members).
You have the final decision on whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. However, if you do not wish to provide information needed for a transaction, you may not be able to complete it.
Information Rouvy Collects. When you interact with Rouvy we may maintain a record of the following types of information:
- We collect basic account information such as your name, email address, date of birth, gender, prefered language, country, username and password that helps secure and provide you with access to our Services.
- Profile and use information is collected about you when you choose to upload a picture, activity (including date, time and geo-location information as well as your speed and pace) or post, join a challenge, add your equipment usage, view others’ activities, or otherwise use Rouvy.
- Rouvy collects information from devices where you installed and ran Rouvy App.
- We gather information from the photos, posts, comments, and other content you share on Rouvy, including when you participate in partner events or routes.
- When you make a payment on Rouvy, you may provide payment information such as your payment card or other payment details. We use Payment Card Industry compliant third-party payment services and we do not store your credit card information.
- We collect and process location information when you sign up for and use Rouvy. To record your ride and to provide you with your training statistics and inclusion in the Rouvy’s features (for example, the leaderboard for a route), it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of your device including, data such as speed and direction. Processing of your location data is essential to Rouvy which we provide and a necessary part of our performance of the agreement we have with you.
- Rouvy allows you to sign up and log in to Rouvy using accounts you create with third-party products and services, such as Facebook or TrainingPeaks (collectively, “Third-Party Accounts”). If you access Rouvy with Third-Party Accounts we will collect information that you have agreed to make available such as your name, e-mail address, profile information and preferences with the applicable Third-Party Account. This information is collected by the Third-Party Account provider and is provided to Rouvy under their privacy policies. You can generally control the information that we receive from these sources using the privacy settings in your Third-Party Account.
- To help us to provide you with the best possible service, you can choose to provide us with your contact information so we can better respond to your support requests and comments.
- We also obtain additional third party information about members from marketers, partners, researchers, and others. We may combine information that we collect from you with information obtained from other members, third parties and information derived from any other subscription, product, or service we provide. We may also collect information about you from other members such as when they give you kudos or comment about you.
- We collect information from your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provide us with technical information when you access or use Rouvy. This technical information includes device and network information, cookies, log files and analytics information.
However, rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services of Rouvy.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
The personal information we collect is generally used to process your requests and transactions, to provide you with high quality service, to tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest to you, to customize your Rouvy experience and to understand your needs so that we may provide you with the most suitable products and services. For example, we may use your personal information to help us:
- Provide you with information about product upgrades, new products, services, research on future product ideas or improvements;
- Send newsletters, informative e-mails or other information which has the nature of business announcements. Rouvy reserves the right to use customers’ contact information to send them information it deems important for the full utilization of its products and services. Every registered customer may choose not to receive such information from Rouvy by simply replying to any message to that effect and writing the word “unsubscribe” in the subject line (with the exception of messages which are necessary for the functionality of our products and services);
- Create content that is relevant to you;
- Provide you with special offers that may be of interest to you;
- Assist us in creating better, customized products and services to meet your needs;
- Allow you to purchase and download products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select;
- Help you quickly find software, services, or product information important to you;
- Allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you chose to do so; and
- Notify you about changes to our service.
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
Rouvy does not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. Under certain circumstances and from time to time, Rouvy may share your personally identifiable information with third parties as set forth below. In such circumstances, we provide only the information necessary to perform the function or to provide the service for which it has been shared. These third parties are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use the personal information provided by us for any purpose, except as authorized by Rouvy.
Rouvy may share your information with third parties such as:
- Service Providers: We may share your personally identifiable information with trusted service providers who provide operational or other support services to our Customers or who perform certain functions on our behalf. Examples include providers who fulfill orders, ship products, process transactions (including credit card transactions), distribute e-mails, conduct research or statistical analysis or provide other marketing assistance. It may be necessary to share user personal information with these service providers in order to allow them to provide their services. You have the right not to provide the requested information, but in such case you may not be able to receive these services. Those service providers will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service and we require that they keep the personal information of our customers secure and confidential and comply with the Act and all other applicable laws. We also require that these contractors use our customers’ personal information only on behalf of Rouvy and do not disclose them to third parties or use them for any other purpose.
- Other Disclosures: We may share your personally identifiable information if we believe in good faith that such disclosure is: a) authorized by law or necessary to comply with a legal process; b) in response to legal claims; c) required to protect and defend the rights, property or legitimate interests of Rouvy (including the enforcement of our agreements); d) necessary to protect personal safety, property or other rights of Rouvy and its customers or employees; or e) an integral part of a sale of all or part of our business.
Your consent includes the retention of personal information that is collected through Rouvy, including your personal information that you submit through a registration process, for as long as you are a user of Rouvy’ products and services, and for a reasonable time thereafter, unless and until you withdraw your consent. Information associated with your account will generally be kept until it is no longer necessary to provide Rouvy or until you ask us to delete it or your account is deleted whichever comes first.
Information about you that is no longer necessary and relevant to provide our Services may be de-identified and aggregated with other non-personal data to provide insights which are commercially valuable to Rouvy, such as statistics of the use of Rouvy. This information will be de-associated with your name and other identifiers.
Rouvy is committed to maintaining the security of information under our control. We have taken security measures, consistent with industry practices, to protect your personal information. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy and ensure correct use of information, we have put in place industry-accepted physical, technical and administrative practices to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of Rouvy, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. To protect the confidentiality of this category of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person.
Unfortunately, no transmission of information over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to Rouvy from your PC or the Internet Service Provider, and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to ensure its security on our system and to try to prevent unauthorized access.
To help ensure that these measures are effective in preventing unauthorized access to your private information, you should be aware of the security features available to you through your browser. You should use a security-enabled browser to submit your credit card information and other personal information at Rouvy. Please note that if you do not use a SSL-capable browser, you are at risk for having data intercepted.
Managing Your Settings
Rouvy offers several features and settings to help you manage your privacy and how you share your activities. The most important is the level of privacy in your privacy settings page. There you can set up the level of publicity of your data. Subject to your privacy settings, your information and content may be publicly accessible.
Adjust Notification and Email Preferences
Updating Account Information
You may correct, amend or update profile or account information that is inaccurate at any time by adjusting that information in your account settings.
Deleting Information and Accounts
You may request that your account is deleted by visiting the user profile settings on Rouvy.
Access and Porting
You can access much of your information by logging into your account. To download a copy of your data contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rectify, Restrict, Limit, Delete
You can delete much of your information by logging into your account. If you are unable to do this, please contact us at https://support.rouvy.com. Rouvy will generally respond to your request within 15-20 business days.
If you have provided personal information to Rouvy you may ask us to advise you of the scope of information Rouvy processes about you. You should wish to raise a concern about our use of your information. Please contact as via e-mail email@example.com.
Furthermore, we believe that the individual is invaluable in ensuring that data is complete and accurate. We will provide you with access to personally identifiable information you provide through Rouvy for as long as we maintain that information in a readily accessible format. Similarly, we permit and encourage you to correct inaccuracies in the information you submit to us through Rouvy. If you believe that Rouvy does not have your current personal information, you can update it by visiting the user profile settings on Rouvy.
Links To Other Companies
Periodically, Rouvy may contain links to and from websites of our business partners, distributors, resellers, advertisers or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies which you should read before you submit any personal data to these websites. We disclaim any liability for the data processing activities of our business partners, distributors and resellers, all of which act as independent data processing controllers.
Discussion Groups and Forums
Please remember that information you submit in a discussion group or forum at Rouvy will be deemed public information and is not confidential. There is a risk in such communication venues that various information and data can be collected and used by others. Please be careful and responsible when you are on-line.